Gus Mueller FlyOpts InputManager
I just came across a truly amazingly sweet little thing.
How I found it
What is it?
To quote the author:
A warning: input managers are bad…
This bit of code [is] probably only useful to developers … it’s not like a product or anything. Think of it as sample code.
* Edit in BBEdit from any NSTextView
* Menu Accelerator- Marrying Search Kit and NSMenuItem in some sort of unholy union
* Execute as Lua in any NSTextView
To get it to work with TextMate …
- Download the binary
- Download the source code
- Open the
flyopts.xcodeprojXcode project in
- Vainly attempt to compile as is (just to test)
ranlibon the files
flyopts_src/src/lua/liblua.a flyopts_src/src/lua/liblualib.afrom the terminal
- Change the string
"com.macromates.textmate"on line 64 of the file
- Pat yourself on the back,
you are now a l33t haxx0ryou’re almost done!
- Copy your fresh new bundle
FlyOpts/folder (from step 3), replace the existing bundle
- Copy the
FlyOpts/folder into your
- Pop open TextEdit to test it all out.
Set a shortcut
- Add the line
"^j" = "flyoptsODBEdit:";to your
- If this file doesn’t exist I’m sure you’ll figure it out ;)
Other InputManager Sweetness
An InputManager that adds emacs-style Incremental Search to any app using NSTextView