I just added a new bundle for Prototype & Script.aculo.us
- The original bundle was created by Justin Palmer in the Textmate Vibrant Ink Theme and Prototype Bundle
- Martin Ström added a bunch of handy snippets in his TextMate Prototype & Scriptaculous Bundle
Since Martin announced his new bundle in the TextMate Mailing List I’ve decided that it’s time our stuff is used by the masses (whether they like it or not). The new Prototype & Script.aculo.us is in the official TextMate subversion repository.
How to get it?
-Or just download a zip of them all here-
-That zip contains subversion checkouts of each bundle. All you have to do to keep them up to date is run
svn up * on them.-
What’s it got?
Martin Ström created about 72 snippets:
- etc, etc, etc…
Prototype & Script.aculo.us Language Syntax
The language syntax was originally created by Justin Palmer. Martin Ström added some FireBug keywords and some other stuff to the language. I, Thomas Aylott added support for:
- string based property.function’s
- a way to guess what is a regular variable
- other random tweaks & carp
Bracketed Language Syntax
This is a wrapper for the main Prototype & Script.aculo.us language.
I also updated my Brilliance Black theme to fully support these crazy new scopes.
- Curly brackets, groups and delimiters
- Round brackets, groups and delimiters
- Square brackets, groups and delimiters
- Curly Function brackets, groups and delimiters
The idea is that it should better understand the larger parts of the language.
The first useful upshot of all that is the fancy coloring possibilities that it allows.
But you could use the scopes to make function block specific snippets or what-have-you.
Other than that, it doesn’t hurt anything.
Maybe I should move it into Experimental?
There’s way more to be said for collaboration and sharing and how wonderful and great it all is, but everyone stopped reading half way through so there’s not much point in me continuing on about it ;)